The Trinidad and Tobago Inter-island Transportation Company Ltd. (TTIT) wishes to advise that further to Government’s restrictions announced on Saturday 15th August, 2020 to control the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the inter-island ferry services will continue to operate daily; however, at reduced capacity.
Effective Friday 21st August, 2020, the inter-island ferries will operate with reduced passenger capacity as follows:
- Jean de la Valette & T&T Spirit – 350 passengers
- Galleons Passage – 200 passengers
- M.V Cabo Star – 50 passengers
This organisation is committed to providing critical inter-island ferry operations; however the travelling public is hereby advised that only essential travel should be entertained at this time.
Additionally, the travelling public is reminded of the following guidelines implemented at the ferry service to contain the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear face masks at all times whilst on the Port’s compound and during sailings. Face shield can be worn; however, a mask must be used to cover the mouth area.
- Undergo temperature screening exercise prior to entering our port terminals and ferries.
- Anyone exhibiting flu like symptoms (fever, coughing, sneezing etc.) are not allowed to enter the terminals without proof of medical assessment.
- Wash/sanitize hands at the wash stations installed at the terminals or use the sanitization stations to sanitize hands.
- Practice proper social distancing in the terminal environment, terminals and on the ferries. Persons are reminded to avoid congregating and any close contact with persons in the queue.
- Restrict movement on the vessels during sailings.
The Management of TTIT is committed to providing this vital service and thank you for your continued support and cooperation during this challenging time.