To facilitate efficient and effective communication and information systems by providing reliable printing, binding and related services for the Government and the public.
An organization dedicated to efficiency and technological competence, committed to the job of strengthening the communication chain between Government agencies and the general public through the print and electronic media.
From early British rule (i.e., pre 1873) there were several printers doing official Government work, all of whom used the imprint of “Government Printer” or “Government Press”. In October 1873, Henry Jas. Clarke, the owner and printer of the Port- of -Spain Gazette was appointed Government Printer. Since then, fifteen (15) Government Printers have served under several ministries.
The building that previously housed the Government Printery was constructed in 1881, at 2-4 Victoria Avenue, Port of Spain and was occupied until 2014. Due to health and safety issues, the operations were relocated to 55-57 Eteck Park, Frederick
Settlement, Caroni, and began occupancy in March 2014.
The current Head of the Division is Mr. Rolly Parahoo. His position designation is Government Printer, which is recognized in several pieces of legislation, as the official printer for and on behalf of the Government of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Prints, Publishes and sells official Government Publications that are required by law to the General Public, including the Trinidad and Tobago Gazette, Acts of Parliament, Bills, Legal Notices, and official Government Forms.
- Publishes Gazette Notices for the General Public including Liquor Licences,
Notice of Lost Insurance Policies and matters regarding notices from the Court.
- Prints and/or Binds Books, Forms and other documents used by Government
Ministries, Departments and Divisions.
- Provides Consultancy Services to other Government-owned Printeries.
- Issues certificates to bona fide printers for custom exemptions on printing
materials used in the industry.
Address: 55-57 Eteck Park, Frederick Settlement, Caroni
Phone: 1-868-662-4877, 1-868-645-0342, 1-868-662-4988